The Ethical Fashion Show Berlin stands for urban zeitgeist, sustainable lifestyle and fashion. In the location of the Kraftwerk Berlin, the trade show presents progressive streetwear and casual wear labels and brings together top players and newcomers from the sustainable fashion segment. A unique event program turns the Kraftwerk into the hotspot for sustainability and innovation in fashion, during the Berlin Fashion Week.
Exciting and highly committed labels, a wonderful audience of trade visitors and an unrivalled thematic spectrum.https://www.pinterest.com/powerpoint_templates/game-powerpoint-templates/ The Greenshowroom and the Ethical Fashion Show Berlin exceeded all expectations, in January 2018.
A high-class event programme with lectures, discussions, guided tours and the fashion show “Ethical Fashion on Stage” turns Kraftwerk Berlin into the hotspot for sustainable fashion.
In addition to the programme, Messe Frankfurt has launched the new conference format FashionSustain dedicated to responsible innovations in textiles and fashion. Moreover, #FashionTech also takes place at Kraftwerk. The former power station is the place-to-be for the future-oriented topics of fashion: innovation and sustainability as well as digitization and technology.
As part of the prePEEK promotion, exhibitors gain a direct channel of communication to end customers. Bloggers and influencers select collection pieces from participating labels, showcase them in photo shoots and videos and share the content on their social media channels. The partners of the promotion are Kleiderei.com from Hamburg and Fashion Changers.
That was our catwalk show in January 2018. Experience in retrospect exclusive looks for 2018/19. For the first time, the show combined Salonshow and Ethical Fashion on Stage together.
The Ethical Fashion Show Berlin presents international casual wear and streetwear brands – supplemented by an extensive programme with a knowledge lounge, lectures, catwalk show and get-together events. The focus is on fashion, sustainability is the prerequisite.
We have further enhanced the sustainability criteria in collaboration with ‘Get Changed! The Fair Fashion Network’. Now, at least 70 percent of the collection shown must meet these criteria. Additionally, the exhibitor should be active in the ecological and social field whereby transparency can underpin the social and ecological commitment.
Fashion designed and manufactured reducing its environmental impacts from raw material and trim sourcing via production to the consumer use and finally its disposal or reuse – for example:
- Aim to use only renewable resources throughout the supply chain
- Avoidance of waste caused by production steps for and by the use of products
- Avoidance of toxic substances* throughout the supply chain
- Following a concept of reduce, reuse, recycle and/or compost
- Support of research and innovation towards more sustainable products
Fashion designed and manufactured in conditions that respect human rights and the continuous support of sustainable development – for example:
- Compliance with ILO conventions (International Labour Organisation)
- Payment of living wages
- Respect for intellectual property
- Support of handicraft and traditional skills
- Support of local markets, co-operatives and innovative business models
A fashion business running its operations as transparent as possible in order to be able to control and sustainably develop its supply chains – for example:
- Clear communication of the sustainability strategy and the active participation in knowledge exchange and joint development e. g. through multi-stakeholder dialogues
- Knowing all suppliers involved in the manufacture of products and willingness to confidentially reveal them in order to verify sustainability claims
- Support of co-operation that creates social and environmental benefits
GET IN TOUCH
Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH
D-60327 Frankfurt am Main
Newsletter „Sustainability & Textiles“
Subscribe to our free ‘Sustainability & Textiles’ newsletter for more information from the eco segment of the textile and fashion industry. Register here and receive the newsletter every three months.
Visit the Greenshowroom, too. Held concurrently, it presents outstanding high-fashion – sustainable, of course.